ACS is committed to working with you to make Christian education affordable, and partners with FACTS to help manage tuition assistance. If you are in need of financial assistance for the 2020-2021 school year, please follow the procedures below. Tuition assistance is not available for our preschool program. We do accept payments from 4-C Community Coordinated Childcare for eligible families.
Deadlines to be considered for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Returning Families - March 16, 2020
- New Families - no deadline, apply early for best results!
- All families who would like to be considered for tuition assistance MUST complete a tuition assistance application each school year to be considered. Tuition assistance awards are good for one school year only.
- TAP is available to Full Day K-12th grade students.
- Tuition Assistance is applied to TUITION ONLY.
- All families who receive TAP must sign a WORK STUDY agreement which requires them to volunteer 40 hours per school year (a minimum of 20 hours must be completed within the first semester of the school year).
What is Work Study?
We have different gifts, according to the grace given us... Romans 12:6
Aurora Christian Schools implements a Work Study program for families receiving awards from our Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). This program allows ACS to offset operational costs while continuing to meet the growing demand for tuition assistance of those in need. All TAP recipients will be asked to "give back" by committing time and talents in various areas throughout the school. Our desire is to meet the family financial need and create a community environment of working together to accomplish the ministry of ACS. ACS-Cornerstone TAP recipients are responsible for serving 20 hours per semester.
Tuition Assistance Process:
- Apply for assistance at FACTS online. ACS-Cornerstone’s Institution ID number is 20685, or you may search for us by our zip code, 60178. If you have not completed your 2019 Federal tax return, your 2019 W2 and 2018 Federal Tax Return are required. A $35 FACTS Grant & Aid (TAP) application fee applies.
* FACTS takes up to 2 weeks to verify your application and documents.
* 2018/2019 Tuition Payments for returning families must be current according to payment plan and previous TAP commitments are fulfilled in order to be considered
- Receive notification of award decision after ACS Tuition Assistance Committee consideration (decision times vary). You will receive an email from FACTS with notification of your award determination. If awarded, you have 10 calendar days to accept your award (online via FACTS or written notification to the Finance Office). If you do not accept the award during this time period, it will be considered forfeited.
- ACS applies your award:
Returning Families: Once you have accepted your award, we will apply it to your FACTS payment plan account.
New Families: Pending school acceptance, you will receive instructions for online enrollment along with a Work Study agreement. At the time of enrollment you will select your tuition payment plan and submit the signed Work Study agreement. The Finance Office will apply your award to your tuition balance before finalizing your payment plan.
Help is Available from FACTS Grant & Aid:
- Call Customer Care at 866.441.4637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Contact John Matheson in the Finance Office with questions at 815.895.8522 or email email@example.com