ACS Cornerstone rising 6th-8th grade Families,
We value reading and desire to see your child continue to do so this summer. The following are the
Summer Independent Reading Requirements.
• Students ENTERING 6th-8th GRADE are required to read their classroom book PLUS ONE
book of their choice from the list provided. (We will not be providing this book to you)
• The classroom book assessment will take place within the first few days of the new school
year in August 2022.
• The student book of choice assessment will be a project your student will complete
throughout the summer and turn in the first day of school, August 17, 2022. (project
information is at the end of this letter)
• Please choose a book from the student choice list that you have not read before.
• Feel free to opt for the audiobook, but please do not opt to watch any movie version.
Grab a good book and get lost in its pages! Have a wonderful summer!
Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Amanda Leonhart, Principal on behalf of Mrs. Penny Hanania and Mrs. Byrle Lauriat
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org