ACS Cornerstone opens its doors and welcomes students from around the world. We have enrolled students from Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America—twelve different countries in all, with many different worldviews. We are interested in students who desire to seek the truth and are open to grow academically, emotionally, socially, physically and even spiritually. ACS Cornerstone provides an educational environment that is safe, friendly, encouraging, and academically challenging.
The following requirements must be met BEFORE an international student attends ACS-Cornerstone:
- The required visa necessary to accommodate the student’s residence in the U.S.
- A completed school enrollment form and copies of transcripts (subjects, hours, and grades—official translation in English), which include the most recent completed year of school.
- Entering students are required to have an English SLEP score of 50 or above, or an ELTiS score of 220.
- A Skype interview may be required.
- Proof of medical or health insurance (This may be obtained once in the U.S.)
- A recent health physical as well as all immunizations as required by the State of Illinois are mandatory before the student will be permitted to attend classes.
State of Illinois Health Requirements
If possible, ACS-Cornerstone will assist in the home placement of any F-1 or J-1 student. Placement will be made first with ACS-Cornerstone families and then other families in the nearby area.